Tuesday, September 30, 2008

dangers and annoyances section.

i went to climb a rock today that ive already climbed like three times with my friends, except i was going to take some pictures from the top because you can see alot and some old lady who lived near tried to make me pay her ten dollars seriously. people suck sometimes. yeah lady i carry around (not to mention have at all) money like that. and now this kid has followed me to the internet cafe and is just sitting there next to me, i suppose waiting until i pay so he can see my change and ask for it. hes bugging me so much im really unsympathetic to whatever his situation is and i dont care what that says about me if you analyze it. im plain bitter these days.
also yesterday we had quite a situation with my visa. deus was convinced we could renew it inside the country so we didnt leave. we went in last friday and they told us to come back monday because we didn't have money for the 100 dollar fee. apparently they didn't realize that by monday it would be expired. we came back monday and they said we had to pay 400 dollars immediately for a special visa... i asked what the other alternative was and they said "we arrest you and hold you in contempt of the government of Tanzania". i think that was a threat. i dont think the lady liked me so deus talked to her alone. the 400 dollar visa was going to be for one month only so i'd have to leave early anyways. he got her to give us some sort of deal. the visa was 150 and its for two months. i told the lady how i was going to go out of the country to renew it because i thought that was how it was done, you know legally and correctly and all that, and shes like "who told you to do that? your friends??" like i was admitting to some scam. if that trick is a scam thanks for warning me guys. apparently to renew a visa youre supposed to come like ten days before and write a letter why the first 90 days weren't enough for you. i guess i'll know next time.
anyways tomorrow is the end of rammadon so we'll feast and dress up and go to the beach to dance. sounds good with me.

No comments: