Thursday, October 2, 2008

pictures


shit I just messed all my pictures up by trying to put them on the left, but uh.. the upper left is a building at Gombe so you can see how particularly tree-clustered and awesome that place was. absolutely overgrown. next to the is the house i was staying at in Kigoma... I'm going back for a week and a half because mamadias maternity leave is ending so shes returning to her home there and I want to visit all my friends really bad, next to this is a baboon looking at me at Gombe... eep.



















my friend Shakira dancing with Dia and my little boyfriend Malik







I can't remember if I've already posted this picture but its out front of Ngollos shop in Kigoma, these boards tell you what movies are playing that day/what time/etc







inside the home of this cop thats someones inlaw that i know, or something like that. everyone has fake flowers and big cheap looking plastic entertainment centers like this it seems.
an abandoned market in musoma, im suprised homeless people don't sleep there, but then how often do you see homeless people here... rents 15 bucks a month or less
tanzanian graph
if you die, die in god and not in person.. and below that it says in swahili, Nachiro quit wetting the bed. this is on a wall by that big rock i tried to climb where like 5 guys hang out and smoke weed all day and write in charcoal on the wall, the rock so on
someone from US sent Deus choclate chips so I tried to make cookies, they didn't look good and some of the ingredients were down'right scary but they tasted okay.
the toliet slash shower at bibis house, fresh
mamadia with her new baby boy cassiana
jane who works for mamadia doing laundry, me and jane went to the club last night and got all sorts of drama with some 20 year old guy who wants to date jane, he walked into our room at three a.m. when we got back from the club and tried to pull jane out of bed and i basically did the best i could to get him out in swahili and also mentioned that he was in my room and i felt hot and wanted to be naked and go to bed (everyone sleeps more or less naked) and i'd appreciate it if he'd get the heck out of my bedroom so i could be on with it. crazy crazy guy. he was mainly mad that he bought her like 4 dollars worth of beer and a motorcycle ride home and she wouldnt go out with him still
one of the neighbour kids waking stan up from where he was sleeping on the couch so we could take pictures
the half and half lizards!!!


also i'd like to apologize I've been getting a lot of emails lately, two days ago 8, today 11 and with my blog and all my friends blogs I'm failing to respond to everyone... don't take it personally cus it isn't just you. went to the club for sikukuu (last day of ramaddon) but it more or less sucked. its was better the day before when we turned the front yard of bibis house into a club literally. I haven't gotten any mail in awhile and I'm expecting some so I hope there isn't a post office problem... ermm... yeah lots of dancing lately and pilough (however you spell that rice stuff) some new clothes and this weekend a trip to Kigoma that I'm half decided not to go on. I'm stressing that I don't have enough on my project done but all I really need to do is go to schools and find which girls but Deus likes to put things off honestly. I'll be like 'lets go to one school today' ..'eh today i dont really feel it, we can do it tomorrow' boys honestly have more mood swings than girls. im always ready to go now, it would be horrible should the work not get done and we have to return peoples money or something. i emailed jane goodall and her secratory emailed me back saying she liked the project a lot and jane would read my email when she was back from tour in Australia. cool.

No comments: