Friday, July 11, 2008

of mosquitoes and men

i dont think thats spelled correctly is it?^^
not too much is new. i have 33 mosquito bites right now. i circled them all with a purple pen so that i look down right sickly. we are in Dar Es Salaam right now and at 11 we are taking a bus to the beach to spend the day. then tomorrow we will wake up early and start a two day bus ride back to musoma. i cant say im looking forward to it. we have to go around the big national parks that lie directly in our path (so i dont have to pay the fees) so it will take some time. ive been having a lot of really crazy dreams and Deus tells me I talk a lot in my sleep. I'm eating too much food here, theres lots of pastries and sweets. I had four donughts yesterday, although they are different from the ones at home. Me and Deus were talking about what kind of project would be good for me to start and I am thinking I will maybe do drug and alcohal counseling because its something I know well and can get resources for and that there isnt a program for yet. I'm excited about it. Alot of the other projects like bushmeat or recycling or something I would have been really excited to do when I was like 12 but for some reason am not excited by at all anymore. As soon as I get back to Musoma and find my envelopes I'm going to mail some letters... okay actually I think just one to Zach but everyone should email me. I had a dream that I came back to the U.S. and everyone got Tonitas tatoos and tatoos of watchs that were always pointing to burrito time. If anyone takes this idea and makes it a reality please do and then send me a picture. You know what I've decided I like about Africa.. that everyone looks like they got dressed at the bins at goodwill. I don't think I'd like Europe, from what I saw of the Netherlands, everyone has skinny jeans and well matched outfits, considering my wardrobe is rather hodge podge I fit in pretty well here, except for the whole being blatantly whiter than everyone but the albinoes part. I think im doing a project to help albinoes too, people think they are lucky here so they kill them and take their body parts. Its pretty awful.
Deus has been talking about me getting a phone lately but I'm not sure I want. Its kind of nice to not have some things, like phones and (most of the time) mirrors. plus who would i talk to?
i hope everyone in CA is doing something awesome.

No comments: