Thursday, July 3, 2008

long day

today i spent 13 hours on various buses. for most of it i had a grown man more or less sitting in my lap, with a young boy puking into a bag in the seat next to me, a lady fainting behind me and people so stuffed they are standing on the seats. i had to pay the muzungu price to go through some of the national parks, even though we were just passing through quickly on the bus, so what cost everyone else on the bus 3 dollars cost me 120. the price of being american. i did see a lioness and hippos and a lot alot of zebras though. i also got to take my second shower, another bucket shower but still very nice. I am in Arusha now, me and Deus are staying here for a few days to meet with some students from CA, exciting. I have too many mosquito bites and I am always itchy, otherwise good.

No comments: