Sunday, October 12, 2008

you'd think

after growing up in the world of technological immersion i would have learned the one time you probably shouldn't blog or text or write something down for others to see that can't be quickly altered or deleted is when you're actually upset because you tend to trump up the charges a bit and then you just feel foolish reading over it. first off, deus and his mzungu ran out of time so they only shot the video around here and didn't make it to serengetti. secondly the Africa i dreamed of as a little girl isn't Serengetti and probably doesn't exsist anymore (thanks bible-thumpers).
I don't know if its in the news (doubting it) but theres been some killings about 2 hours north of here in Tarime. This countrys only ever had 4 free elections and the same party has won every time. The president right now is more a friend of big companies than little farmers and with the election coming up in 2010 people are starting to throw around words and some people have been killed. Bibi warned me not to walk in the streets today but Bibis always a little more worried than she needs to be. You can still talk (yell,shout so on) politics in the streets without creating too much of a rucus.
Hopefully I finish here and get to visit a school today. I've been reading this book that I originally didn't know was Chrisitan literature about the Feast of Fools which I think merges in history with May Day and also just about Festivity and Fantasy in life and then another about colonilizin. Lots of thoughts on it but not enough time to elaborate. Hope everyones well. I finally forced Zach to email me. Now if only Everett would again. I'm here, daydreaming and reading and occasionally leaving the front yard.

No comments: