Saturday, October 11, 2008

Deusi ni mtu mbovu kabisa









akia Mungu. akirudi, nitampiga.
honestly i dont really know whats up with Deus but I'm really fucking bummed out today. This guy came from America with the Discovery Channel to make a show about some of Deus's projects. I could have gone back to Kigoma already to see my friends but I told Deus I really want to see this Discovery Channel thing and come along. The guy whos doing the filming is only here three or four days. The first day Deus didn't wake me up because he figured I was tired. Yesterday I went and it was pretty cool (see all attacthed photos). Today I woke up early, got completely ready and waited in front of the house for Deus for hours before deciding he wasn't coming. My guess is that he got drunk last night, woke up late and decided he didn't have time to stop by his Grandmas and get me. I'm really angry and bummed and all kinds of lame emotionallllls. This wouldn't be as bad if they wern't going to Serengetti today. Deus knows I don't have money for a car to Serengetti and I won't get a chance to go and one oppurtionity comes along for me to go and he prevents me from going. I don't even know what to do about it. Serengetti is like the Africa I've been dreaming about seeing since I was a little kid and I thought I might really go. Deus has this weird thing when he gets guests he isolates them. When Kate came he kept her at Tembo (i.e. tourist) beach all day and I hardly saw her even though she told me she wanted to spend time with his family and see more of the day to day living. Yesterday he didn't even tell me they were going to Serengetti, he just said him and Brian (the Discovery guy) had work that wouldn't involve me or Elizabeth (Deus's sister, we were carrying Brians equipement) and it was Brian who mentioned they were going to Serengetti. I think Deus believes Brian doesn't want us to go or wants to go himself. He tries to do things to please his guests without asking them what they want first. and everytime someone new shows up here he just acts like I don't exsist. These last few weeks I sit at home all day and I don't even see him, I have trouble getting any of my project done. If I don't get the work done on my project next week I know its not going to get done and I'm going to leave for Kigoma or another city. It's just fucking ridiculous and I'm really not happy. I don't know if that means I return peoples money or I put someone else of the project or what but I am tired of sitting around in Musoma watching fucking television and Deus doesn't get it at all.

No comments: